Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Big Belly= A License To Say Whatever You want


34 Weeks Picture


All is going along great. I am just getting bigger and bigger and more and more tired. I sorta feel like a broken record. I keep waiting for that "nesting" phase to kick in, because I am sure the house could use some deep cleaning, but much to Chase's disappointment nothings so far. I do feel an overwhelming urge to get everything ready. We made a late night run ( well late night for me) to Target to gather a few supplies. So really just an urge to shop...not to clean! We had a great Dr.s appointment where all looked great. Blood pressure great and Jack is head down and locked and loaded and low. So despite everyone telling me how high I am carying him...he is quite the opposite.


I think that is one of the strangest things about being pregnant and to me the most annoying....strangers, people you know etc, touch your stomach and also feel it just fine to say whatever they feel like saying to you. Which is so ironic, because I dont think there is a time when you feel more emotional or bent out of shape from someones off handed comment on your growing belly. A few of my favorites:
1. A lady at a clothing store asked if I was having twins because me stomach was so big.
2. A lady asked me if I was pregnant or had just gained weight. When I told her I was indeed 8 months pregnant she said it did seem localized to my belly! Really! What is the craziest thing are these comments come from women...that should know better!
I hear countless comments on how" small my belly is and shouldn't it be bigger?, or how big it is,"  along with "you are carrying him so high. ","It must be a boy because you are all belly." ( Which is nice but what if I wasn't all belly, what would they say then?!)


I am sure it just comes with being pregnant, but it is irritating some days.
We are getting so excited about his impending arrival.....eek not much longer now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.