This past Saturday, the three of us went to a Kickball fundraiser that Odessa was having for the Relay. My volunteer asked me if I knew of anybody that might like two tickets to the Tech vs Texas game in a few hours. Chase and I looked at each other and said YES! So we ran back home, threw on our Tech gear and headed to Lubbock. Raymond bought us the LAST parking past and we pulled into the very crowded parking lot with just minutes to spare. We had to hike over to the buses to shuttle us to the stadium. Everyone was super loud and drunk on the bus over. We got to the stadium, and I lugged Jack up to our seats. Way up on the upper level. It was just madness with so many people, and me trying to weave through the crowd with Jack. He really liked looking around for a little bit. Everyone was standing up where we were sitting so it was pretty exhausting holding him. We made it through the first very frustrating quarter, and then Jack had an epic meltdown. I thought he was just sleepy but he just screamed and screamed. I felt every eye in the stadium starring into my soul. We packed up our huge bag of stuff and tried to get the hell out of dodge. We were able to see Raymond and Challis for a few minutes, but Jack wasnt having any of that either. Since we left early there was no bus, so it was a VERY long walk back to the car. My arm and back is still aching today. Sure is a lot harder to walk around campus, lugging a 20 pound plus baby. So glad Chase and I could switch off.
It wasnt a total loss, we went buy Pier 1 and bought a few things, and picked up some Rockfish for the drive home. Chase and I: eating some fish tacos, driving home with a beautiful sunset, and a.... finally sleeping Jack..made it pretty good day. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.