Friday, February 3, 2012

First Few Weeks

Wow, is all I can really say to sum up the past two and a half weeks. Such a different life. We are all doing good slowly adjusting to our new role. Chase had to go back to work full time this week so that has been much more of a challenge taking care of him all by myself. Its not hard when he sleeps but a lot of the time he is awake and wants to be held. The first few days home were a huge blur, Chase’s parents were here and we did Christmas with my family. I was so tired and sore and just felt like I got hit by a truck, couple that with very little sleep and I was an emotional basket case. Still am but it is getting better! Jack eats every three to four hours and sometimes he sleeps wonderful at night but every now and then has a hard time going to sleep. He gets super excited and breaths really fast, and doesn’t want to eat, and acts super fussy. Chase is an expert at the 5 s’s and will do those and sometimes that works but usually it is just us getting super tired until Jack finally calms down. Sometimes just topping him off with breast milk will do the trick. He is just so cute and seems to have filled out a little bit and a little bit longer. We have had one pediatrican appointment when he had already gained an once 6 lbs 11 oz so that was great and they said the jaundice should not be a problem, since he is eating so well. He has had a few baths and seems to like it better now that he can sit in a bit of water. We got a wipe warmer and he no longer howls like a banshee when we change his diaper, great invention!  We went on a walk and it was so nice for all of us dogs included to get out of the house and Jack seemed to enjoy being outside. We go to the pediatrician on Friday for another checkup, hopefully we will get another great report. Of course, I worry about everything, being a mom is sure not easy when you are all of a sudden responsible for this little person 24/7! I am already dreading having to go back to work.   It is so difficult waking up every three hours or so to feed him….wow I am so out of it. So far, I have thought I was nursing Chase instead of Jack, held Farley’s head like a baby, and had this death grip on my pillow and told Chase I was going to put Jack back to bed and he was already in there! Chase grabbed Marcy and shushed her! Yikes we are tired. Thank god for my parents. My mom came over yesterday and I slept a few hours…bliss! Mom and Dad are coming over on Friday and Chase and I are going to the movies. Super excited about that. Most of the time though I look down at awe at this adorable little baby and just feel so blessed and happy that he is ours, more than awesome. I am so tired of everyone telling me to enjoy it now, they grow up so fast etc. makes me crazy. He just got here and believe me I am enjoying every minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.