Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Vacation and Hillary's Wedding


Wow, what a wonderful time in California. It was truly a fantastic trip! We had an absolutely blast. Jack did really well on the plan ride there, and I am so happy we flew instead of driving. It took long enough for all of us. I am pretty sure we looked like the Clampets hauling all of our stuff. Chase had the car seat on his back and I am pushing the stroller and pulling a suitcase and my sweet parents are loaded down like a couple of pack mules. All of our flights were smooth and on time and our rental car..was nothing other than a Kia Sorento.

The house we stayed at was so cute. You could see the ocean and we spent most of our time there on the deck.

Such an awesome view. The beach itself near our house was a little rough around the edges, and you could see just about any type of person you could imagine. We ate at the weirdest place that was Vietnamese and not very good, but it was so fun just to hang out and Hillary got there. So good to finally see her.
The next day we went to the San Diego Zoo. So awesome. I really thought we would never get Mom and Dad out of the aviary. It was so neat, so many animals and Jack loved it! It was quite the workout so hilly and so much walking. We were all worn out and sore.

Jack loved the elephants. He makes the cutest little elephant noises.

That night Chase and I went out by our selves and had dinner in Del Mar right on the beach. So much fun and delicious. It was the Chart House, and we actually ate there in San Antonio too.


It is always so nice to eat by ourselves and relax. It was perfect timing, we got there right when the sun was setting, it was like a movie.
 The next day's was Hillarys' bachelorette party at the pool. Such a beautiful hotel, although it was like Fort Knox trying to get in there. It was lot of fun. I finally met Sandy, Joelee and Amira. We drank alot of Sangria and had a blast. I really enjoyed all of Hillary's friends. So nice to see Cynthia. I haven't her since our wedding!

That night Chase and I ate some awesome sushi on our deck, pretty nice. My parents went out that night. It was funny sharing a car, but it really wasnt a problem.

The rehearsal was quick and easy, and then we spent several hours for the rehearsal dinner. Despite some drama with where the food truck would park it all went really great. It was so nice Bill and Jude, Jim and Margret and Sandi and Dan and their little ones. Lots of kids. Jack had the most fun running around the house. Stairs everywhere! It was such a neat old house 1900's style. My poor dad was so worn out chasing him everywhere.
Some how I forgot about our nice stressful day at the beach. It took forever to get there! Quite the frustrating day. We were about to give up when we finally spotted the beach. Jack liked splashing in the water, but it was so cold. A wave went over him and he was done. He shivered forever and cried!
Poor little guy. He did so wonderful in all these new situations. So proud of him and so social!
Hillary's wedding day started off early with a text saying there was "hair crisis" I got over there at around 8:45 and it was a long long day of getting ready. We were all starving and they kept sending up the most worthless fruit trays. The makeup girls were amazing. Hillary looked so amazing and so happy! It was so fun to see her. Jake cried. I got in trouble a couple of times from not getting her dress out of the way good enough...yikes. We finally all got ready and in the limo. Hillary was calm and collected. The Scripps is just beautiful and the perfect place for a wedding. I saw Ryan, Chase and Jack. Jack looked ADORABLE in his ring bearer outfit. He didn't make it down the aisle but he looked cute anyway. Besides my feet going numb in the heels. I am such a baby now it all went off without a hitch. Jack flipped out from not seeing me all day, and demanded to nurse. So I had to nurse him in this little corner. Once that was over he was the life of the party, dancing with everyone. It was a wonderful party! Those Aussies know how to dance. It was such a fantastic, yet exhausting day. I think my speech was a hit as well. Chase was worn out from watching Jack all day, and we had a little of a blowup since he forgot a few things, such is life. I wish I could see Hillary all the time like that. Miss her already.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.