Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Packing Up

Its almost time to say goodbye to 1455 Brittany Lane. Its funny every time I pack a box, the play we did in Drama Camp when I was in junior high  flashes in my head. We did Pullman Car Hiawatha and I was Harriet and this line I just can't shake when I tape up a box.

"Good-bye, One-three-one-two Ridgewood Avenue, Oakesbury. I hope I remember all its steps and doors and wallpapers for ever"

Moving is a little bit bittersweet. As excited I am about a new house, that is one story, that is bigger, new, and better in every way. I think about all the great memories of our little townhouse, we have had the last three years. Its hard to believe we moved in before we were married, and when I worked at the station and Chase worked for Joe. We planned our wedding there, came back from our honeymoon, found out I was pregnant and brought our new baby home all at our townhouse. So it will also be pretty special! Jack will probably never remember the leopard print stairs, or the strange track lighting, but I am sure we always will.

I cant wait to get settled in our new place that is OURS. Pretty excited, but not so excited about all the work in the next few days to get all settled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.