I have been thinking alot lately about what it really means to be a mom. It is such a different world. I dont think anything you read or anything that anyone tells you can even possibly begin to make you feel like a mom.
Just taking Jack to a quick Target run is an adventure in itself. Gone are the days of running in to a store to grab something. It is now a full on hour just to get him loaded and unloaded. While I was pushing him down the card aisle and singing some silly song to get him from crying and grinning like a maniac at him, it dawned on me just how different life is and how wonderful it is to be this little guy's mom! I always collapse on the couch after an outing of just Jack and me...thankful we survived!
I saw a perfect example of a mom while I was shopping. A lady had a baby in a basket a 4 year old holding her hand and a toddler sound asleep on her shoulder. She had a basket load of stuff and still looked calm and confident! I need to take some lessons from her.
It is an awesome responsibility.... but how cool, that I get to mold a little being into hopefully a great person.
Jack's personality continues to come out. He is so cute with his grandparents and they are so cute with him! His just listens so intently when my dad talks to him and he totally recognizes my mom and loves all the songs she sings him. He is smiling so much now and while he hasnt full out laughed he makes all kinds of happy noises. He smiles with his whole mouth open. He is pushing up really well and looking all around and moves his legs and arms. He wants to look at everything and loves to chew on my finger, arm etc. He is also really taking an interest in toys. He has so many rolls!! Quite chunky and so so cute. I dont know how but I love him more everyday.
Chase and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary on Tuesday. I had to be in Pecos for a meeting so we went out to eat on Wednesday. So nice to have a relaxing meal just the two of us and even one glass of wine! I have mastered the one hand eating but it sure is nice to eat on your own. Life sure has changed in two years!!! We feel sooo lucky. With a beautiful baby and a soon to be new house.
The foundation on our house is being poured today! Yay!
The first Relay is next week so things have picked up at work. Should be interesting trying to do the Relay and feed Jack. Thank goodness for my mom and Chase!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.